Julia Child is the doyenne of cooking, bringing the art of French cooking to millions of people across the world and doing so with good humour and a lovely insight into human nature.
Her perspective on life is best summed up by her quotes about cooking, I think we can all turn to one of these to brighten up any tough day. Enjoy:
Top 20 Julia Child Quotes
- It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it
- Life itself is the proper binge
- The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook
- As you get older, you shouldn’t waste time drinking bad wine
- You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients
- It is hard to imagine a civilization without onions
- Always remember: If you’re alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who’s going to know?
- The main thing is to have a gutsy approach and use your head
- Every woman should have a blowtorch
- This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!
- Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need
- No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing
- Just speak very loudly and quickly, and state your position with utter conviction, as the French do, and you’ll have a marvellous time!
- One of the secrets, and pleasures, of cooking is to learn to correct something if it goes awry; and one of the lessons is to grin and bear it if it cannot be fixed
- People who love to eat are always the best people
- Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it’s done right. Even a pancake
- The art of bread making can become a consuming hobby, and no matter how often and how many kinds of bread one has made, there always seems to be something new to learn
- Usually, one’s cooking is better than one thinks it is
- Being tall is an advantage, especially in business. People will always remember you. And if you’re in a crowd, you’ll always have some clean air to breathe
- I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate
As you travel through your thermo cooking adventures, try not to take it too seriously, enjoy yourself and remember if you need a handbook to help you along the way, grab yourself a copy of Kate’s Thermo Cookbook, available on iPad, iPhone and Android via Amazon.
Thanks for reading