I love how easy and quick it is to whip up something like this easy salmon quiche in the Bellini/Thermomix. The quick chopping and mixing capabilities of these machines definitely add variation to my cooking, as I am much more willing to test out different flavour combinations. This quiche is modified from the Taste website and I have to admit I cheated and used pre-prepared pastry, but of course you can make your own if preferred.
- 1 onion quartered
- 2 small zucchini chopped into chunks
- 200g fresh salmon (approx.)
- 150g cream
- 40g milk
- 50g grated tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large sheet of shortcrust pastry or portion of homemade pastry
- Preheat oven to 200⁰C.
- Grease a large pie dish and line with pastry.
- Put onion, zucchini and salmon into jug and chop for 5 sec, speed 5.
- Cover pastry evenly with mixture.
- Add cream and milk to jug and mix for 10 sec, speed 5.
- Pour over salmon, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 200⁰C then reduce heat to 180⁰C and cook for a further 35 minutes until golden brown and set.
- You could also add some fresh dill with step 3.
- You can change out the zucchini for your preferred vegetable or leave it out all together.
- You can use tinned salmon if preferred.