I am definitely an ice-cream fiend. I love it. One of my favourite parts of having kids is that when they have an ice-cream I get to have one too 🙂
As you would imagine, I love making ice-cream in the Bellini and this super simple recipe for ice-cream is just delicious and doesn’t require an ice-cream maker. Full credit to Helen Brown, one of the members of the Bellini Addicts Facebook Group, who shared it on a thread a while ago. I’m not sure where she got it from originally, but it’s brilliant, so enjoy!
- 150g white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or paste)
- 500g cream
- pinch of salt
- Add sugar to jug and blitz for 5 sec, speed 9.
- Add eggs, vanilla, cream and salt and cook for 7 min, 30 sec at 80⁰C, speed 3.
- Cool rapidly in an ice-bath before freezing for 8 hours.
- Scoop spoonfuls back into the jug and blend for 20 sec, speed 9.
- Then blend for 10 sec, speed 4.
- Return to freezer for several hours before serving.
- An ice bath cools the ice-cream more rapidly than putting it in the freezer, helping to prevent icy bits.
- The other tip is to put cling wrap over the top of the ice-cream in the container so it touches the ice-cream. This prevents condensation.
- You can add flavour if desired after cooling in the ice bath, before freezing or when you blend for the second time.
- Flavours can be anything you like, from caramel sauce, to strawberries, to honeycomb chips, go nuts and put in whatever floats your boat.