This super simple custard pie is a fantastic base recipe. You can add different elements to glam it up a bit or serve with some fruit for a lovely dessert or afternoon tea.
- 60g butter (room temp)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g white sugar
- 65g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- Grease a pan with butter. Turn oven on to 180°C.
- Put all ingredients in the jug and mix for 2 min on speed 6.
- Make sure the butter is mixed in.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 38-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar or cinnamon on top and serve.
To test if custard is ready you can either use a toothpick in the centre and if it comes out clean it’s ready or jiggle the pan slightly. If it all moves together it’s done.
For more delicious thermal cooking options please check out my collection of 50 easy tasty recipes for thermal cookers. It’s the essential resource to have handy on your phone or tablet as you cook with a thermal cooker. See the full list of recipes and get it on iPad, iPhone or Android via Kindle.
Thanks for reading.